Thursday, August 28, 2008

NetMail Server Not Getting Email

Error Message

None

Symptoms

The Netmail Server could send email to Yahoo but I was not Receiving email. Several tests where run. Closing down the firewall had no impact. Following on tests, I noticed the firewall stated that the SMTP traffice was routed to a internal server.

Fix

Internet connection share had bee configured to route mail traffic to an internal server. (See Windows 2000 Server on line help, Internet Connection Sharing for Applications and Services.) I took the following steps:

1. Right clicked on the Network Neighborhood and select properties.

2. Select Sharing tab.

3. On the Sharing tab, I selected the Settings tab.

4. On the settings page, I selected the services tab and deselected all.

I ran a test and the email server was able to receive email.


 


 


 

Netmail not Receiving Email

No comments: